Although Valentine’s Day may look a little different this year for couples, friends, and even pets, there are still ways to show your love and appreciation in the comfort of your own home. The key to your dog’s heart (and stomach) this year can be a homemade Valentine’s Day-inspired treat! With this quick and easy recipe, you can happily celebrate the Day of Love with your furry companion.
Filled with healthy and beneficial ingredients including coconut oil and strawberries, your dog will not resist this dessert. Strawberries contain key nutrients like vitamin C and antioxidants, which overall benefit their immune system. Coconut oil also boosts your dog’s immune system, while attacking bacteria that causes tooth decay and stinky breath in your dog's mouth. You may also substitute the coconut oil with plain greek yogurt, which is a probiotic and great source for calcium.
This recipe only calls for only two ingredients! Can it get easier than that? Your pup will definitely thank you! Tag us with your results @westcoastwagco!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 70 minutes
Servings 10 treats
What You’ll Need:
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil or plain greek yogurt
- 3-4 strawberries, finely diced
- Measuring cup
- Candy mold or ice cube tray (in this recipe we use a 10-cavity mold)
- Dice up strawberries into small bite-sized pieces. Add a few pieces of strawberries to each cavity of the silicone candy mold or ice cube tray.
- Using a measuring cup, melt the coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds (skip this step if you are using yogurt).
- Pour the melted coconut oil into each cavity over the strawberries and freeze for 1-2 hours. Alternatively, you can spoon plain greek yogurt into each cavity and freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Once frozen, pop treats from the mold or ice tray.
- Feed to your very appreciative pup! You may store the unfinished treats in the freezer. Enjoy!